Thu 18th Aug 2022
- 5 pm to midnight: Kireen Kypärän tavern open until midnight, free entry
Fri 19th Aug 2022
- 12 to 6 pm: Festival market area, tickets to the festival area: adults €15,50, children (age 7–15) and seniors €10,50 children under age 7 free entry
- 12 am to 2am Kireen Kypärän tavern open, tickets from the festival area
- 7 pm: On Friday night there are two magnificant feasts to choose from! Noblemen and Ladies have their own inside castle chambers while peasants and lesser rich people have their jolly meal in round battlement tower – rondel.
- 9 pm: Horse Tournament
- more info will come later in this page.
Sat 20st Aug 2022
- 10 am to 6 pm: Festival market area, tickets to the festival area: adults €22,50, children (age 7–15) and seniors €16,50, children under age 7 free entry.
- 10 am to 2 am: Kireen Kypärän tavern open
- 7 pm: On Saturday night there are two magnificant feasts to choose from! Noblemen and Ladies have their own inside castle chambers while peasants and lesser rich people have their jolly meal in round battlement tower – rondel.
- Tickets for feast for Nobelmen and Ladies 88,50€ and for lesser rich peoples feast 68,50€
- 9 pm: Horse Tournament ticket €19,00
- more info will come later in this page.
Sun 21 nd Aug 2022
- 10 am to 5 pm: Festival market area, tickets to the festival area: adults €15,50, children (age 7–15) and seniors €10,50 children under age 7 free entry.
The full program and set times can be found under the headline Program 2022.
Tickets can be bought from the Festival area when you arrive or you can buy your tickets before entry from the ticket online shop.
TICKETS TO THE MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL:
|Friday 12-18||Saturday 10-18||Sunday 10-17|
age 7-15 and seniors
|Pre tix 17.8.2022||10,00 €||16,50€||10,00€|
|tix at the gate||10,50€||17,00€||10,50€|
Adult age 16-
|Pre tix 17.8.2022||13,50€||20,00€||13,50€|
|tix at the gate||15,50€||22,50€||15,50€|
3 day ticket for children
|Pre tix until 17.8.2022||32,00€|
|tix at the gate||37,00€|
3 day ticket
|Pre tix until 17.8.2022||40,00€|
|tix at the gate||46,00€|
for 4 persons /sunday
|Pre tix until 17.8.2022||45,00€|
|Family tix for 6 persons/ Sunday||Pre tix until 17.8.2022||66,00€|
|Helahoito for viking feast- package tix for Friday and Saturday||Pre tix until 17.8.2022||174,00€|
|Helahoito for Nobelmen and Ladies||Pre tix until 17.8.2022||203,00|
Note! You can buy 3 day tickets until Friday 19.8.2022
The ticket packages
The most popular event day for families has been Sunday.
We have remodeled our family ticket, we now offer a chance to come to the event with a family of four(4) or six(6). Bring grandparents or your child’s friend with you, for us family is a broad concept and we wish that as many people as possible are able to come and enjoy the experience. You are all welcome! The ticket doesent ask for ages but the main point is that more than 50% of the group are from the same household. Sundays program is made for childeren and those who take joy in childlike things.
Helahoito – Package, for Nobelmen and Ladies or for lesser rich people (Sold only in advance for Friday and Saturday):
When you want to enjoy the medieval experience for all you can, the all inclusive Helahoito – package is made for you. Because the ticket in question includes everything, you are going to get all you could ask from a medieval experience; Entrance to the area on a day of your choosing (Friday or Saturday), Place at one of the evenings feast (either Noblemen or the peasantry feast), A seat at the mystical show by the Rohan stables as the evening moves to night, you also have the opportunity to use our costume rental and spend the day in clothes fit for the medieval times, last but not least you’ll get 3 vouchers to use in the tavern and a surprise gift from us. The tickets are only sold in advance.
When choosing the perfect day and ticket for you, you can also choose the additional services fit for you. Adding to your ticket you can buy a ticket to one of the two feasts happening friday and saturday, a costume rental ticket and a ticket to the Firetorneo show put on by the Rohan stables Friday or Saturday evening.
All ticket prizes include the valid VAT.
|Friday evening Firetorneo||19,00€|
|Saturday evening Firetorneo||19,00€|
|Friday evening Peasantry feast||68,50 €|
|Friday evening Nobles feast||88,50 €|
|Saturday evening Peasantry feast||68,50 €|
|Saturday evening Nobles feast||88,50 €|
|Costume rental bundle||20,00 €|
|Tent place sold from gate||25,00 €|
The ticket prize includes service fee from Tiketti:
0 €-15 € Service fee 1,50€/ticket
15,01 €-50,00 € Service fee 2,50€/ticket
50,01 € -150€ Service fee 3,50€/ ticket
150 €—> Service fee 4,00€/ticket
Payment methods for advance tickets: Tiketti doesn’t take squirrel skins as payment, but almost all other payment methods should be fine, including online payment (online bank), credit card, cultural voucher, Tiketti gift cards and many others. Read more on Tiketti’s website.
Payment methods at the gate: We recommend visitors buying the tickets in advance. At the gate we prefer card payments but other acceptable payment methods are cash and culture vouchers.
Häme Castle and The Prison museum belong to the festival area. To the museum there is no entry fee separately. Museo Militaria isn’t included in the festival area.
Buy tickets from the ticket online shop beforehands (Ticket online shop is only in Finnish).
Arrival to the area
Entry to the Medieval festival of Hämeenlinna is from the beginning of the street Kustaa III:n katu.
When you arrive you will first walk through Viekkaan vasallin kauppakuja. There you will find ticket office, Festival Info, merchandise products and rent medieval costumes.
Arrival by train or bus
To the festival area it is walking distance from bus station (1,1 km) and train station (1,7 km). You can find bus timetables from the Matkahuolto website and timetables for the busses in Hämeenlinna from Reittiopas. Train timetables you can find from VR website.
Arrival by car
You can find parking places from the city centre of Hämeenlinna. Near the festival area there is no parking places for the festival visitors. To the festival area it is walking distance from the Hämeenlinna city center.
For disabled there is parking space near festival area, address to the parking lot is Tampereentie 16. There is no separate entry gate for disabled and the entry for the disabled person is from the main gate.